I saw this interesting post while scrolling through Facebook today. Five Labs claims predicts your personality based on your Facebook posts. If you are curious, like I was, let it analyze your posts. It does not post to your page if you don’t want your results to be viewed by others.
Above are my results. It is kind of interesting that my extraversion is so low. I will admit that I am not the most social of butterflies, but I wouldn’t have expected to be that much of an introvert. I mean, I give tours for Auburn’s College of Engineering. It’s just weird to me.
Since the extraversion seemed odd to me, I went to the webpage to see what they mention about the analysis. Apparently, the five traits listed are the “Big Five” personality traits. It’s supposed to be the leading personality theory in modern psychology. The belief is that a personality is based on the following characteristics: agreeableness, neuroticism, conscientiousness, openness, and extraversion. Below are the details for each of the characteristics:
- Agreeableness: A tendency to be compassionate and cooperative rather than suspicious and antagonistic towards others. It is also a measure of one’s trusting and helpful nature, and whether a person is generally well tempered or not.
- Neuroticism: The tendency to experience unpleasant emotions easily, such as anger, anxiety, depression, and vulnerability. Neuroticism also refers to the degree of emotional stability and impulse control.
- Conscientiousness: A tendency to be organized and dependable, show self-discipline, act dutifully, aim for achievement, and prefer planned rather than spontaneous behavior.
- Openness: Appreciation for art, emotion, adventure, unusual ideas, curiosity, and variety of experience. Openness reflects the degree of intellectual curiosity, creativity, and a preference for novelty and variety a person has. It is also described as the extent to which a person is imaginative or independent, and depicts a personal preference for a variety of activities over a strict routine.
- Extraversion: Energy, positive emotions, surgency, assertiveness, sociability, and the tendency to seek stimulation in the company of others, and talkativeness.
Hopefully, the information above will help you when looking at your own results!